Sunday, January 18, 2009

No Peas Please

I (Daniel) hate peas. Seriously. I hate the way they smell. I hate the way they taste. I hate 'em. I hate 'em. I hate'em. I will not eat peas in a bowl, I think those who do, do not have a soul.

Now that Smith and Addison are eating fruits and veggies, they rarely leave the dinner table without some vestige of their dinner on their precious little faces.

After the peas lunch yesterday (who's smell was troubling to get through for me), I cleaned Addison's face of the peas she'd just enjoyed. I picked her up and walked her back into the family room. While doing so, I gave her a big ole kiss on her cheek...

...and then I tasted it.

It was the unmistakable flavor of peas. All over my lips. Everytime I closed my mouth, I got that repugnant flavor all over again.

I instantly head for the bowl of starlight mints in an effor to remove the taste. Only the wife had moved them. So, without closing my mouth or moving my tongue, I begin asking "Where are the mints?"

Only it came out more "ere are a anns?" And I kept asking and asking and getting louder and louder...

Krissee got so darn tickled at me that she couldn't even talk. I'm laughing, but scared to close my mouth for fear of getting the flavor sensation all over again. I'm still holding my daughter and frantically searching for the bowl of mints.

I finally found 'em, and successfully removed that "yummy" flavor from my mouth.

11 comments:

Jenn said...

HA! That's hilarious, Daniel!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

that's pretty funny! peas is better than puke in the month though!

Carter doesn't really care for peas either. He eats them but you can tell they aren't his favorite.

Anonymous said...

This gave me quite the chuckle.

Chap and Heather said...

This was hilarious, I had no idea about this passionate dislike for peas that you have?!

Note to self: don't serve peas or marshmellows when the Day's come over.

Cookie and Poppy said...

This made me really laugh. Guys are such wienies. I love peas (only not the canned ones) only fresh or frozen. No wonder I ain't got no soul....

Mike Gellatly said...

i too, cannot stand the smell of peas! and i found the mushed ones particularly gross. so i feel your pain! never got them in my mouth. but do have a funny story...

matt LOVES peas! to the point that he used to snack on them in the afternoon. i would heat a can and give him a bowl and he'd sit in front of his afternoon cartoons and eat them. (EEWWW) imagine my horror one day to find him spearing peas onto my hairbrush! there was not enough soap and hot water in the world to clean that brush! it went straight to the trashcan and i bought a new one!

~kate

Jaysey said...

That? Is a SERIOUS pea aversion, my friend.

The Morgans said...

WOW! who knew your hate for peas was so strong? that is hilarious!!

Jen said...

I cannot stand the smell of canned peas! Also, when my Grandmother cooks them, they are SO gross. However, I like them if they're fresh or the frozen ones, and steamed for just a bit so that they're still bright green.

Consequently, I found the jarred babyfood peas GROSS. I made some pea puree for James myself from steamed, GREEN peas, and it was good.

He LOVES to snack on steamed peas now. Pops them in his mouth, one by one!

Anonymous said...

New post, please. Thanks...

Alisha said...

Where's the 6 month old update!?!?!?