Sunday, January 17, 2010

You should see the other guy!

The Day parents have recently undergone what we understand to be a parent of toddler's rite-of-passage: The black eye.

Last week - Krissee called while she and the kids were out and about running errands. They were near my office, and wanted to come by and get a quick visit in.

They came in, and of course were a huge hit! We then took them upstairs to our conference center so they could run around. Everyone was having a great time, and then, all of a sudden, Addison was on the ground screaming.

Neither of us saw what happened, but I can wager a guess, as the desk/tables in our largest room happen to be eye level with the twosome. We then noticed quite the little whelp on her eye and knew we were in for it.

Fast Forward a few days later, and this is where we're at. It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, but its quite gnarly looking and I think we'll all be a little more at peace once it goes down. (If you really want to get up-close and personal with Ms. Thang's black eye, you can enlarge the below picture).


In the effort of fairness, Smith's has transformed into full on little boy the past few weeks - I caught him here entranced with Mickey after a day out at the playground and riding around town!

5 comments:

Jaysey said...

Oh, poor Addison! She's a otugh cookie, though!

Amber said...

awww...my poor girl! I enlarged and shouldn't have. I'm sure she was over it in like 2 minutes though. and smith just looks adorable standing there. i'm really going to need to see them soon....it has been way to long and I miss them terribly!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I'm with Amber. My poor baby girl. And my boy loves Mickey. I miss them so much. If you can, post a video of her saying "Wow" with her black eye???

Jen said...

Well, it almost looks like some very 80s purple and yellow eyeshadow....
Get well soon!

Chap and Heather said...

Poor sweet girl!! I'm with Jen though, close up looks like eye shadow :) Can't wait to see them next week!! No more black eyes...I'll share my eye shadow, Addison, promise!