Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow in Pawleys Island

It figures that the year we move to THE BEACH, we get snow!

We (Krissee and Daniel) had an impromptu date night on Friday - Applebees and a movie. On our way into the 7:20 movie, the snow was coming down pretty good. The weathermen were calling for 1-3 inches, but the being the pessimistic southerners, we didn't think it'd actually come to pass.

Well, WRONG! On our way home, there was already a pretty good dusting, and we woke up this morning to find even MORE snow on the ground. As of this writing (11:30 AM), its already well underway to melting, but of course we had to get out and play in it!

Smith wanted to walk - we were pulling them in the wagon at this point, but he wasn't having any of it!


Addison really loved it. I mean, really.

Really
Smith, on the other hand, wasn't QUITE so sure about it. But he did have a good time.

Dad built a quick Snowman, and we got a picture of it - a few hours later, the poor snowman is dead.

We had a great time in the snow - but the Day's are certainly beach bums and look forward to the lazy days of summer to be spent on the beach!

7 comments:

Jen said...

So fun! Glad you have pictures to show them one day. Also, I'm quite impressed with your snowman building skills!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love, love the pictures. I think they are growing up too fast, they seem so grown up since two weeks ago! I'm glad they got to play in the snow.

Chap and Heather said...

I'm with Jen...for being such a beach bumb, your SB skills are fantastic! LOVE the pictures...with the cousins were all together (and old enough) to play together. Maybe we'll be there for the next Pawley's snow :)

Chap and Heather said...

oops...that should say 'wish' :)

Daniel said...

Thank you Jen - my wife was making fun of me because I made it 4 balls instead of 3 balls - but I wanted big.

Also - said snowman was built in about 5 minutes - so I think its even more impressive knowing that.

Nice typos aunt heather.

Amber said...

how adorable! carter was much of a fan either. but addison looks like she was loving life! also impressed with the 5 min. snow man!

Krissee said...

Aunt Heather I think you all should definitely be here for the next snow.