Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby Update!

Today we are unveiling the Smith and Addison Day Show Blog. I've been waiting on an informative doctors visit before I posted and shared this blog with the world and today we got it! Daniel and I went to the doctor this morning and we were prepared with a list of questions.


We learned that the babies are now both head down which is great because at least I can consider a normal delivery now instead of assuming we will have a c-section. The babies weights are right on schedule. Baby A (Addison) weighed in at 4 pounds and Baby Boy, (Smith) weighs 4 pounds and 3 ounces. Addison is in the 67th percentile and Smith is in the 77th percentile. We are so happy that they are doing well and were surprised by their weights. Speaking of weight gain I have gained a total of 16 pounds which is great for my frame. I was worried about gaining a bajillion pounds so the smaller number the better especially since I know the babies are getting everything they need.



Starting tomorrow I am going to start working half day's in the office to make sure I'm getting enough rest. Starting the first week in July I will start going in to the doctors office twice a week every week. We were a little surprised by this but are happy that our babies will be getting lots of attention. I'll go every Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday's will be for ultrasounds and on Friday's they will strap monitors on my gigantic belly to monitor how the babies are doing.



At the visit today I told the doctor about some pains I was having in my chest and shortness of breath, both of which are probably very normal considering I don't have room to breath and my heartburn is ridiculous. But just to be on the safe side I was sent for an EKG and an echo cardiogram. The EKG showed a high heart rate but I was told it was normal for pregnancy. I'm waiting on an appointment for the echo cardiogram. I'm not worried though, I'm sure my ticker is doing just fine.



Well thats all I have for today. Unfortunately the ultrasound pictures aren't good enough to post but trust me when I say they are some darling little babies and no I'm not prejudice they really are, really they are, you'll see.



Stay tuned as I will be posting about baby showers complete with pictures and nursery pictures very soon!

10 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Hooray for healthy babies!! 16 pounds...wow, that is awesome!! I can't tell you how excited I am for this blog, it's unveling today has made my day!!!

Love ya'll!!

Jaysey said...

Well, it's about dang time this blog got rolling. I expect regular updates and plenty of photos, along with lots of really funny baby stories.

Cookie and Poppy said...

I'm with Jenn. It's been long enough coming. Those two think Smith and Addison are theirs. Ha! Just wait til they get here and Cookie kisses their faces off.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yea, i'm pretty excited about your blog too!! so glad to hear they are head down and getting ready!

love,
amber

The Morgans said...

YEAH for the Day's!!!! I can't believe they are each already 4 pounds. They are growing so fast! Glad things were okay with your ticker....can't wait to hear more!!! Love, Britt

Carissa and Craig said...

very excited about the blog - can't wait to hear stories of another set of twinsters. Ellie and Turner say "blzzz ahhh blzzz" I think that means they are excited too! I will try not to be a blog stalker - oh and I am so happy with how well you are doing with the pregnancy, you two are always in our thoughts! keep it up!!

Colly said...

This blog is gonna be great!! And the Daysies (ha! just thought of that) are going to love it!!!! I love the picture of the USC game, I like seeing "how it all began"! Call me Cookoo, but I do not understand the percentages. Are they in the such and such percentile of their graduating class?? Or could it be the such and such percentile of people who prefer Crest whitening toothpaste to Colgate??? I don't get it. :0)

Krissee said...

Collie I don't really understand the percentages either. I know they are good and they sound fancy but other than that I'm not really sure. I'll be sure to ask at my next doctors visit though!

JStewart said...

LOVE the blog! So glad to hear Smith and Addison are growing healthily :) Can't wait to meet them. Love their names and the photo of the nursery- so exciting! :) Love, Jessa

Mike Gellatly said...

thanks for doing this! it'll be fun to follow y'all through the journey of twins!

BTW - the whole percentage thing... just means that if your child is in the 70% that 70% of children are smaller and 30% are bigger. doesn't really matter where the child falls, just matters if they can maintain their size. ;)