Friday, June 20, 2008

Pregnant Wife = Superior Trash Pickup

A few weeks ago, Krissee's brother cleaned out our backyard (we're talking massive cleaning - piles and piles of limbs and trees and brush and whatnot).

In their infinite wisdom, the city yard debris team decided that they didn't need to pick up said trash because it was too big. (Apparently, limbs can be no more than a certain length and width).

So yesterday afternoon, I got out there with a chainsaw and cut the pile of trash into more manageable pieces. I did NOT necessarily do it according to their specifications, but I made an honest effort.

So as the yard debris team rolls by this morning, Krissee and I started to get a little nervous that they wouldn't take the pile again. So out waddles Krissee in her pregnancy moo-moo and just watches them. Anyone who knows her knows how she'll try to act real nonchalant about something but its very obvious she's hovering/looking. This was her MO this morning. She was kinda stalking the trash pickup folks, and she was also just enjoying the morning air under the car port. But mostly #1.

They picked up all the trash.

Score one for pregnancy.

10 comments:

Jaysey said...

Awesome! Now, you know this same trick will totally work once the kids are born--if she drags two small kids out there, wearing something really rednecky--think about asking Heather for one of those cool T-Shirts like she made herself for Carter--hair all up in rollers, totally frazzled looking--one kid on hip, one by the arm...and hovers, people will do whatever you want. Hell, you could probably get someone to do your yardwork for you (oh, wait, you already did that...hmmm...). ;-)
I wonder what other perks Krissee can get for being the vessel of two humans...maybe you should play a game where you see what's the best thing you can get.

I should really go to work now...

Daniel said...

Jenn,
Trust me - there was payment involved for the yard work...:)

Jaysey said...

He didn't do it for free? Man, some brother...making that pregnant lady pay for work... ;-)

Jaysey said...

Incidentally, why come I don't get to be on the Friends and Family list? I mean really...no wonder you have to pay a brother to help you out. ;-)

I don't work much on Fridays, huh?

Cookie and Poppy said...

Was she barefoot?
You know, the more I get to know Jenn, the more I think she's related to us. Also, Krissee needs no encouragement to go into "soap opera" mode. Drama queen. Poor Daniel, all that and raging hormones too. I'm glad they picked up the limbs.

Schmitty said...

That is just Awesome!
Use it as much as you can!!!
Thanks y'all for sharing the site with me- I've had fun reading your blogs.
Krissee I think that it is sweet that you want to keep your wedding rings on and by all means go buy you a nice set to wear for the remainder of your pregnancy!! You are carrying 2 babies- you deserve to wear your (or replacement) rings!
Love, hugs, and kisses to you both!
Schmitty

Jonesy said...

I second Schmitty's thanks, as I have also enjoyed being invited to read about and vicariously share in the latest and various escapades of the Days. (You know, I think this is my first active participation in blogging - a little behind the times on my part, perhaps, but exciting nonetheless!) Krissee, I certainly agree that you deserve stand-in rings. In fact, you should get two sets because you are carrying two babies! Maybe a simple, elegant set for day and a flashy, multiple-carat zirconium set for formal evening occasions... Just a thought! :)
-Jonesy

Jenny Buck said...

Hi Days - this is a wonderful blog! I can't wait to hear more. See you soon! Love - Jenny (& Alan & Sienna)

Chap and Heather said...

Chap is still not over that back yard.

A vision of Krissee barefoot by the trash makes me giggle =)

Alisha said...

Krissee-- thanks for the comment! I hadn't seen your blog yet but I guess have seen someone in your family because Jamie had to show me your crib sets-- she loves them! You're so lucky that you've only gained 16 lbs! That's... wow! I've gained almost FIFTY! I'm seriously not a pig... but the weight just keeps comin! Oh well! We'll have to keep in touch and share stories. :)