Friday, June 27, 2008

Ready?? Daniel's Take.

The question of the day seems to be "Are y'all ready?'

I think the standard answer is "We think so."

I know that Krissee's definitely ready to NOT be pregnant. I get that.
I'm ready to meet the kids.

Am I ready for no sleep? Of course not. Am I ready for crying for no good reason? Don't be ridiculous (said in my best Balki Bartokomous accent.)

But we're ready. We're excited. Just a few more weeks.

4Months ago, I wrote this on my personal blog, and it stands repeating:

"Maybe I should have my head examined, but I'm not worried about the babies. I'm not worried about my wife. I'm not worried about being a father. All those things will work themselves out. I'll screw up, I know it. My wife will screw up. The babies will be fine. We're not the first people to have children. As long as we can keep our sense of humor (which, I mean, we're gonna have to, because we're having TWO BABIES AT THE SAME TIME), I know it'll be hard. I know there will be sleepless nights and arguments over what is best for them and how to handle issues and blah blah blah disciplinecakes. But I'm not really worried."

Daniel

7 comments:

Mike Gellatly said...

you'll definitely need that sense of humor! y'all are going to be great parents, and it's been wonderful seeing how excited you both are about the babies. lots of prayers now for a safe delivery. ~kate

Ashley said...

I think ya'll definitely have the right attitude about parenthood! Smith and Addison are going to be 2 of the luckiest kids I know! I've loved watching this whole experience unfold and I can't wait to meet the little babes!

The Morgans said...

I think you are both going to be the greatest parents!!! I am sure that the "Are you ready?" gets really old, but you both have handled this pregnancy wonderfully! I hope that Ashley and I can do the same. I am so very happy for the both of you
Love, B

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yes, i couldn't imagine having two at once. i have my hands full with just one, but i know you guys will do a fantastic job! i can't wait to meet them!

Schmitty said...

You definitely have the right attitude- you both have such a great sense of humor and seem to have such a great sense of each other and what you each need. It will be great! I can't wait to hear all the funny stories.
Just don't forget to cover Smith while changing him. Just heard a great story about that in the office today. Pee, Pee, everywhere...

Jaysey said...

*singing to the tune of "Are We There Yet"* Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet? Are you ready, yet?
What? I'm just doing my part to prep ya! ;-)

elsbeth said...

You guys will be awesome, no doubt. On the plus side, the coolest kids I know are triplets, and they rock the world. Apparently (and I'm just a witness, so I could be wrong), the two-or-more-at-one-time thing forces you to be more focused up front, but provides lots of pal around time later. Hey, it's a rough economy - you're smart enough to do two-for-one!