Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bye bye beautiful rings.

So at the doctors office yesterday the doctor happened to glance down at my hand and said "you should probably go ahead and take off your wedding rings." I said "well we had Chinese yesterday so they are probably just a little swollen from that and I'm sure the swelling will go down." She said, "well still you should probably go ahead and stop wearing them." And oh was I heartbroken. I've been so proud that I haven't gained much weight and that I can still wear my rings so I was pretty let down that now I'll be leaving the rings at home. She did recommend Daniel go and buy me a fake set to wear because you know I don't want to be huge walking around without wedding rings on my finger.

We got in the car and Daniel and I had this conversation...
Krissee: "I think I might give it a few days before I take the rings off. I'm pretty sure the swelling is going to go down. It was seriously probably that Chinese food."
Daniel: "Did you go to Medical School?"
Krissee: "no"
Daniel: "are you a doctor?"
Krissee: "no"
Daniel: "Don't you think you should follow the orders of someone who is your doctor and did go to Medical School?"
Krissee: "OK"

What can I say he made a good point? He picks on me a lot because I'll get something in my head and then all the sudden I know better than anyone. So this time I give up. I took them off last night and between us I cried and cried. No, I'm sure it wasn't the hormones making me cry like a baby over taking my wedding rings off. ; ) So today I'll be going to the local Belk in search of a big gaudy fake set of wedding rings. Some people might think this is silly and if you are one of those people I don't care. YOU waddle around as big as house with hormones going nuts and then let me know how you feel about having your hands swell so much your wedding rings don't fit. To those of you who think I should get fake rings all I have to say is thank you and I love you because you get me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl--skip the walk through Belk's. www.QVC.com They have the most fabulous fakes. Get yourself something real purty! And remind Daniel that it is his fault that your fingers have swollen, so pony up! : )

Chap and Heather said...

Chinese food makes me really bloated too. I am sure that was it! I do have my www. PHD, doesn't that count for something??

Mike Gellatly said...

i am so supportive of you with this!! i have a horrendously huge pink diamond ring that i got from Target. (also have a slightly more realistic white diamond ring). wore them through both pregnancies b/c i was so swollen! it's the only time in life you can really get away with it... so enjoy! get something absolutely ridiculous and have fun with it! since you haven't gained much weight you'll have the real set back on before you know it! hang in there! love ya!! ~kate

Jaysey said...

Today I noticd one of my students was wearing a pink ice ring...remember pink ice? I haven't seen one of those suckas since middle school. I think you should get pink ice. Or at least cubic z. with pink ice accents. Set in fake yellow gold. Come on...please?

Seriously, I agree with crimsonq66 about where to get the best fakes. That's where I get mine. Everyone at work still thinks I'm getting married any day now--it's been 4 years.

Unknown said...

getting fake rings IS silly. have a great day!

Ginny Jones said...

Oh Krissee, I totally get you, and I DEFINITELY support your quest for rings. Two months after I got engaged, I had to go through a series of manufacturing plant visits at work (where you can't wear any jewelry). I was afraid I'd lose my real ring if I took it on and off or put it in my pocket, so you better believe I went and got a fake diamond from Steinmart. So, please go get yourself a pretty ring set, and get a manicure while you're at it. (P.S. - Check out the brand Crislu. Very nice fake jewelry.)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

i hear you girl! i was already scoping out the fakies in case i had to do the same thing. i would get a huge honker too, just for fun!

love you! amber

Anonymous said...

I get you, of course. I hope by now you have a huge CZ on your left hand...I wouldn't want people to think you were just easy. :)