Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting Current

So one of Dad's favorite things to do is to comment on Aunt Heather's blog whenever she's gone a week or more without posting. The comment usually consists of the three simple words "nice current blog." Its usually enough motivation to get her to post within the next few days.

If you can dish it out, you've got to be willing to take it, so thanks Heather, for "Nice current blog"-ing me.:)

Who knew that once we left the children for one night, it'd go so much easier? We haven't spent more than a few waking hours at home as we've decided to resume our rock star lifestyles. Parties every night, dinners out. Babysitters do complicate the equation somewhat, but we're managing.

PSYCHE. Honestly, mom's been sick. Dad is sick. Dad was out of town for a few days. Mom had Cookie come stay and help. Babies are growing and they are six weeks old today.

Had a big visit from Ellie and Turner (and their mom Carissa and friend Ashley) on Saturday. Ellie and Turner are 6 1/2 months older than Smith and Addison, so there wasn't a whole lot of interaction going on. If anything, it reinforced the fact that we need to cuddle and hold our sweet babies as long as possible. Its been a very neat experience to watch them grow up. Carissa gave birth the week we discovered we were having twins. She's been a great resource all along the way and more than anything, she's reminded us that they'll be ok no matter what we do, so its best to be able to laugh along the way.

That is our big updates. NO new milestones, other than the six week mark. I think we'll all be close to 100% this weekend.

4 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

I can't wait for you guys to get better so me and Carter can come play!

Chap and Heather said...

I am so glad you explained my comment...I felt so guilty after leaving it, I almost replied again to explain myself! haha, I'm glad you appreciated the dish =)

I hope Krissee is feeling better, she sounded so pitiful the other day! I hate we aren't doing b-days this weekend, I guess I will have to wait another week to see the Daybies. =(

Miss ya'll!

Jaysey said...

Dear Krissee,
I think your daughter needs these: http://www.heelarious.com/index.php
Love,
Jenn

Krissee said...

Jen, those are hysterical! I wish they made real high heels that comfortable. I haven't been able to get back in mine yet.