Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ohhh, we're halfway there...

ohhh, livin' on a prayer...

Yep. Mr Smith slept through the night last night. Now, its just one night. And he was HORRIBLY upset all day at the world and all who dwell in it. But he went to sleep quickly after his final feeding and I had to WAKE HIM UP this morning. (Granted, he woke up first around 6:30, which actually prompted me out of bed. But he fell back asleep and I waited until 7 to wake he and sister and begin feeding).

Tonight will tell the tale, to see if it was a fluke or a new behavior. Regardless, I'm thrilled. And as happy as I am, I STILL had to get up at 4:30 to feed Ms. Addison. While I think most experiences wiht twins are pretty much par for the course for those with a single baby, this is an experience that really so few folks have. Normally, you're children either sleep through the night, or they don't!

They'll be two months Wednesday, so expect the requisite pictures. We've also go their two month checkup that day, so we'll have lots of official sounding statistics and percentiles to throw your way.

Dad is VERY happy. Mom had yesterday off to, of all things, go to a football game with the girls. (This is not a lie. Its amazing the stories the ladies will concoct to leave the kids with the fellas.) Smith, Addison, and I went to Scott and Carter's to watch the game on PPV. Smith proceeded to act the fool AGAIN (as he did a few weeks ago when scott and carter came over to watch football at our house).

Lets hope we get a sleep through the night night tonight (wow, that looks like I just wanted to repeat the word night 3 times, but it actually does make sense) without the day-craziness of yesterday.

6 comments:

Alisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yea!!!! congrats! I really hope it's a new behavior and that miss Addison follows suit quickly. It will be a whole new world with well rested mommy and daddy!

Jaysey said...

Good luck! I hope it's not a fluke and Addison gets the hint from her brother.

Chap and Heather said...

Wow, way to go Dad and Smith!! I can't wait to see the 2 month pics...and to actually see the 2 month old babies next weekend!

Jenn said...

Good luck with a sleep through the night night tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thats awesome! Im so jealous! My girls are 1 year and three months old and they have NEVER slept thru the night. Im glad you guys are having better luck!

Any secrets/tips?