Thursday, July 3, 2008

Columbia Girls Shower

As I've mentioned in a previous post, Daniel and I have been so blessed with friends and family offering to host baby showers for us. Several weeks ago I had a baby shower in Columbia that some of my sweet friends were so kind to host for me. A big thanks goes out to Nancy Margaret, Regina, Mandi, Ginny, Julie, Kelly, and Mrs. Thornton. The shower was held at Mrs. Thornton's (Ginny's sweet Mom) house. I LOVE this house and told her I would move in if I could. Everything was wonderful and I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you all so much.

The hosts minus Kelly who couldn't be there. (Kelly I still have to give you your host gift!)


Me with Shannon and Kelly and Shannon's mom, Carla. These ladies have been in my life since we were in Junior High.



Daniel's Aunt Mary Jean. I was happy she was able to make it to the shower. She is always so much fun.



We got so many great gifts like these activity mats. We also got a snap and go stroller, lots of diapers and wipes, a diaper genie, a hamper, a baby emergency basket to be kept in the car, cute clothes and so much more. My mom and Granny Coy got us booster seats that have come highly recommended from pretty much every mom I have talked to.



Mrs. Thornton made us this cool diaper wreath. This was the first one of these I have ever seen. Its so cool, I still have it hanging on the nursery door because its to pretty to take apart yet.



We got Smith and Addison's scrapbooks which I probably need to get started on since I'll have two baby books to keep up with.


The ladies in my family were able to come and it meant so much to me to have their love and support. Its hard to say who is most excited about the twins. I think its between and Aunt Heather and Cookie but I think they are all pretty anxious about the twins arrival.


I had a great time and thanks again to the hosts, friends and family for making it such a special day. We truly are so blessed to have you all in our lives.







4 comments:

Jaysey said...

Is it wrong that all I can think about is: "wow...those babies are gonna have so much stuff when they get born...how will Krissee and Daniel ever live up to that in all the future years?" Yes, probably, but this is why I'm not a mommy. Of course, you guys have such a great support network of friends and family, you will be a-ok, and those babies'll probably be spoilt-to-death by the time they're five. I don't know about Cookie, but I'm pretty sure if she could, Heather would go all invasion of the body snatchers on you and have those babies herself. She'll be a good aunt. Me? You should probably keep your kids away from me until they're 18...really bad influence. ;-)
Yay for presents!

Daniel said...

Jenn - I'm going to need another "progressive" influence, so you'll definitely need to step up at some point! :)

I'm not sure if Heather would want to actually HAVE the babies, but I do think she wouldn't think twice about going all "Woman kidnaps twins from local hospital. Story at eleven." on us.

Cookie and Poppy said...

Can you believe that after all I have done for those ungrateful wretches (my favorite name for my children, right Chap?), they still won't even give me one baby? Them having a spare and all. I keep on suggesting, to no avail. whine whine

Chap and Heather said...

haha, body snatchers...not a bad idea. Thanks Jenn =) After reading Daniel's recent post that sounds rather genius right now...skipping all the raging hormone stuff, sign me up!