Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Doctor Appointment Update

Things have been looking up at the last few doctors appointments we've had. We finally got everything worked out between Dr. M and Dr. F so we are all good. We have mainly been seeing Dr. M and she has really taken good care of us and made us feel like we are getting the special treatment we like so much.

Smith and Addison are growing bigger everyday. As of last Thursday they were almost 6 pounds each with Smith weighing slightly less than Addison, which is ideal for a vaginal delivery. I am hoping we don't have to have a c-section but I'm prepared if things take a turn and we have to have one. I will do whatever I'm told to get these babies out and ensure they are healthy. At Thursday's appointment I was 1 cm and 50% effaced and after today's appointment I am 2 cm and still 50% effaced. Today Dr. M could feel Addison's head and the pain of getting checked wasn't nearly as bad today as last week. I am having contractions but not with any regularity. All tests are still looking good and the babies seem to be thriving and that of course makes us very proud. We go back in on Friday and I will be checked again and we will get a BPP. My doctor has given us her mobile number as we are now to call her directly and not the on call service if I go into labor. Again I have to say how much I love the special treatment. We are scheduled for an induction on August 4th so if we make it that far (and I hope we don't) we will spend the night in the hospital Sunday night and start the induction the morning of the 4th.

We will keep you updated if we get any exciting news on Friday or before!

4 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Oh, I am so happy to hear the good results!! I can't believe they are already that big...we are soooo going to beat those Jolie-Pitts on this one! Eat your heart out Angie!

Jaysey said...

Sounds like you've got a good doctor there now. Glad to hear that medically things are going well. Any day now, you'll be in the deep end! ;-)

The Morgans said...

That is so awesome to hear that they are growing and doing well!!!! That special treatment is awesome!!!I commend you Krissee!!

Colly said...

Woo hoo!!! The time has come! Good luck to you buddy! I know you're feeling pretty scared, but just keep thinking about how great it's going to be when you're not pregnant anymore!! ;-) And you'll have 2 perfect new additions to your family... AND you get to come home and put them in that sweet a$$ nursery! :-) I bet you just can't wait to pop em out. The anticipation must be killer!