Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Proper Update

So now that I'm in possession of my laptop (thanks Cookie and Poppy for making a run to the house!), I can do a proper update without typing on the Blackberry (which is great for quick updates, but not so much for long winded text like I like to write!)

Mom and Babies are doing great. Quite frankly, I think the dr. needed a reason to push up our induction from Monday to today. She was ready and thought the babies were, but protocol says you can't take 'em prior to 37 weeks. (Now, this is entirely my opinion and could be completely incorrect. Our doctor has not told us nor implied this in any way, shape, or form).

Since Krissee didn't really get started on the pitocin until about 1 PM, it was considered a late start. The doctor warned us that if she wasn't progressing very fast that she may pull her today and start again first thing in the AM (like 5 AM first thing). So that's where we are now, and why its a tad unusual. While all signs are still pointing to a vaginal delivery, there is always the risk of a C-Section, especially with twins. As such, we'll deliver in the OR rather than the standard birthing room. If a C-Section is required, our doctor wanted to do it during the daytime when the hospital is fully staffed, rather than 3 AM. It also gives us ALL a chance for a good night of rest.

We'll be back at it tomororw, early. Thanks for the poems and rhymes, and I think I love the term Daybies.

Smith and Addison - we'll meet you tomororw!

3 comments:

Jaysey said...

Alrighty then. I am totally checking in on the Daybies first thing!

Schmitty said...

Will be thinking about y'all all night and will check-in first thing.
Have a good night's rest (if that is possible) and I look forward to hearing about the Daybies tomorrow.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

get some good sleep tonight!! we will be praying for you guys and safe delivery! love all four of you!