Thursday, July 3, 2008

Doctors Appointment's this week.

This week started the first of our twice weekly appointments. We were told we would be having a BPP ultrasound (Biophysical Profile) on Tuesday's and a NST (Non stress Test) on Thursday. Well, Daniel and I got to the doctors office at 2:30 to be told that the doctor I was seeing that day (Dr. F) had looked at my chart and didn't think I needed the ultrasound and my OB appointment wouldn't be until 3:15. So of course I start getting agitated and I don't think the crowded waiting room helped at all. The ultrasound technician took pity on us and took us back to do a heart rate check which was nice of her because at least we got to see the babies and learned they are still head down and their heart rates were good. Then we go back out into the waiting room and wait until 4:00. At this point I'm livid. We finally get back into the room and continue to wait and when Dr. F finally comes in, I lose it. If you know me well, you know that I cry easily when things are sweet or sad and its hard to make me really mad but when I do get mad I cry. So I'm crying and Daniel, bless his heart, has to explain why I'm so upset. He basically tells the doctor that she and the other doctors need to get on the same page b/c we don't appreciate getting caught in the crossfire. She agrees and we leave the doctors appointment without gaining any real knowledge of our babies which is disappointing and we are told that we won't be having ultrasounds every week like we were originally told.

So I go in today at 9:45 sans Daniel b/c he had another appointment for work. Everything is going well, I'm seeing my normal doctor (Dr. M) and they strap belts on my belly, I'm calm, everything is going well until they switch the belts to get Smith's (baby B) heart beat. They can't seem to get it and they try and try. Meanwhile Dr. F keeps coming in and out watching what my doctor and her nurse are doing. Its kind of weird but at this point I'm just doing what I'm told. He's moving around so I knew he was ok. Then Dr. F calls Dr. M out into the hall. They have a discussion and I couldn't hear what they were saying but the next thing you know I'm getting an ultrasound. DRAMA. If you are still following along and you probably aren't I found out that there is dip in the blood flow level in Smith's umbilical cord. My doctor said I shouldn't worry but it could be that his placenta is getting tired and we just need to keep an eye on it. So next week I'm back for an ultrasound and a NST. While this is a super long story to get to this point it illustrates why I like my doctor. She is thorough and doesn't stand for mediocre results. Had she not been insistent today we may not have caught the blood flow dip. I know this was a long post and not that interesting to some of you but I think I just needed to get it off my chest.

In other Doctor news my echo cardiogram results came back and my heart is a little abnormal but it should go back to normal after the babies are born so no biggie there. Whew! Also Dr. M said we would induce at 37 weeks although no date has been scheduled yet.

I'm hoping next week is better.

11 comments:

Jaysey said...

Ummm...that was not boring. And it was not a long story just to get to the point. All that was necessary to show the point. Plus, it was interesting, and people wouldn't be reading this blog if they didn't want to know the details (although--if you are going to give gross-out details about the actual birth, I would like to be forewarned, so I can skip that entry.). I don't think I like Dr. F very much. What's her deal anyway? I get really agitated when I have to wait in the waiting room longer than I deem necessary. It makes me want to yell at people...but this is why my doctor (liberally) gives me drugs for that...when I finally get in to see his crazy butt.

Krissee said...

Thanks Jenn! The waiting room was filled with all sorts of people if you know what I mean. It was hard to watch everyone get called back one at a time while we just sat there. I think Dr. F is a great doctor I just think I prefer a more cautious doctor who really examines test results and looks at the details like Dr. M.

Daniel said...

I think my wife is being nice for the public..she doesn't care for Dr. F at all. And I don't LOVE her.

The biggest deal here is that THEY'RE the professionals and need to get their act together. It is no fun being told something different at every single doctor's appointment.

Lets just say that its a good thing they don't test the father's blood pressure at these appointments, because, lets just say I'd probably be on bed rest right about now.

Cookie and Poppy said...

Daniel and Krissee, tell those doctors they do not want Cookie to have to come over there. It would not be pretty. Besides, isn't it in Krissee's chart that she is royalty? And married to a prince??? They just don't know who they are dealing with. I'll put up with a lot, but not concerning my children (all 6) and my grandchildren.

Alisha said...

Talk about stressful-- sheesh! I hate when they put you through the ringer at doctor appointments-- I would have had a breakdown as well. I hope everything goes ok with both babies. Anything other than perfect doctor's appointments are not so fun. Good luck!

Mike Gellatly said...

oh honey, sorry that they are stressing you out there. we had a horrible time with our OB practice with emmie. not that they were bad doctors, but every doctor had a different opinion on how things should be done and when and why and i would get so frustrated to be told almost opposite things. i understand having to see several doctors during your pregnancy, but i wish i could have just seen one so i would know what was going on exactly! big hugs and i hope Dr M can get you through these last few weeks! ~kate

The Morgans said...

I didn't think that was a long story to get to the point at all. My blood was boiling for you just reading it. I would have been really upset and I kind of got tickled when you were talking about you crying b/c I can just hear Daniel's explanation. I would like to have been a fly on the wall for all of this. And also, I don't like it that they whisper in the hall and you can't hear. B/c you know they come in to your room and sugar coat everything. So glad your heart is okay. I can't wait to hear about this weeks appointments.

Chap and Heather said...

I think this is great stuff to post, it makes people aware that they REALLY NEED to ask questions when they are visiting a doctor. A simple 'yes, everything looks great!' just doesn't suffice these days! I'm proud of you, Krissee, and will say prayers for a better visit this week!

Loved seeing you yesterday =) The nursery looks GREAT!!!! You have really done such a good job decorating everything, it's such an inviting room to be in =)

Schmitty said...

Krissee- i find all the stories very interesting. Your Dr's definitely need to get their act together. Carlsbad Dr's are notorious for that kind of behavior. It is awful!
After that all your stress tests are going to be way off- hopefully that is the end of it.
Glad to hear your heart is good and that they are watching over Smith.

Unknown said...

Well, I am truly sorry that you went thru that. But, I submit it seems very familiar to crap I experienced our second time around. I think some of those chicks actually have attitudes themselves sometimes. I don't care for that at all. Funny, that is a problem we never had with the old school man we had the first time around. And, I felt like I actually knew what was going on that first time...NEVER the second time, but then again I hardly ever saw the same chick twice, and for a husband I went to alot of appts with my wife. Call me what you will, and I'm sure you will, but it's the damn truth. -swampfox

Jenn said...

I'm glad that Smith is okay. not to worry though, the appointments will be over soon enough and you'll just get to hug and kiss your little babies all day long! :)
~Jenn and Drew