Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wonder Twin Powers...activate

We've received many questions regarding our latest "jewelry," so I figured we'd post it here to explan for all.

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Pawleys Island. While there, we visited one of those beach stores known as Eagles (anyone familiar wtih the Grand Strand area should be familiar with these stores. For those who aren't, they're basically large beach item stores that literally occur every few miles - sometimes even with Seattle/Starbuck regularity. They sell everything from the requisite 3/$10 T-Shirts that are instantly see-through to high end beach chairs and umbrellas. )

So, while we're there purchasing a new beach chair, I stumble upon a rack of friendship/wish bracelets. The basic premise is this: You make a wish. You put the bracelet on. When the bracelet falls off, your wish comes true.

Being as I've never really grown out of the child phase myself, I propose to Krissee that we buy these and make wishes. Keep in mind that this was on a Friday of an extended beach weekend. I figured the bracelets wouldn't last past Monday, so no harm done.

Whatever these bracelets are made out of, I want my next car made out. They're damn indestructable.

So, almost two months have gone by, and the bracelets still are attached to our wrists. We can't reveal our wishes, but needless to say they both had to do with our unborn babies and we're not willing to chance anything when it comes to them. So the bracelets remain.

It has been fun, though. Its always a trip when someone asks about them. Sometimes it occurs after you witness them looking back and forth trying to figure out what the heck we have on our arms. Sometimes the person just blurts it out as soon as they see the things. Its always good for a laugh, especially when we explain that we never thought they'd last this long. Krissee has probably gotten the brunt of it in the professional world, as she's gotten numerous inquiries at the state house.

So that my friends, is the story of our awesome bracelets. Smith and Addison - see the sacrifices we're ALREADY making for you?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Ohhh, that made me tear up! How sweet and precious is that?? I have noticed Krissee's, I figured it was something else she picked out to go with her new diamond ring =) I have to be honest though, I haven't noticed yours (or you know I would have made fun of you=) Anyway, this is already a GREAT example of what wonderful parents you guys will be! I can't wait to see you be a mom and dad to Smith and Addison...hopefully only a few more days!!

Love ya'll!

Jaysey said...

What if the babies are born and the bracelets still haven't fallen off? What if they turn two and you're still sporting them?

Daniel said...

Jenn - Well, we've already kinda discussed that - Krissee will probably have to take her's off during labor. As such, I'll be sporting mine until it falls off my arm or my arm falls off...whichever occurs first.

Anonymous said...

Get them to put tape over it so she doesn't have to take it off. I'm a smidge supersticious.

Cookie and Poppy said...

If it is not metal they may let her keep it on. I think the bracelets are sweet also. A symbol of the Day family bond.